MTV Networks

www.mtv.com

Great Internship at MTV.

Former Employee - Creative Music Integration Intern  in  Santa Monica, CA (US)
Former Employee - Creative Music Integration Intern in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Pros

Fun, young, energetic staff with a lot of good ideas. They don't take themselves too seriously, but do take their work very seriously. The work I did was not very "intern-y", and I was given responsibilities and trust in my capabilities.

Cons

Easy to blend in because the company is so large, and you will be forgotten if you do not network and make sure people remember you.

Continue to make interns feel valued and a useful part of the team.

Other reviews for MTV Networks

Great opportunities and benefits, but difficult to rise up within your department

Current Employee - Digital Production Assistant  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Digital Production Assistant in New York, NY (US)

Pros

There are many different career opportunities within the company itself. MTV employees are generally from a very young crowd - in my department, I don't believe anybody is over 40. MTV provides amazing health benefits and employee discounts with a wide range of companies and services. One of my favorite "perks" is the 10k a year tuition reimbursement (tax free until you you go over 5k I think). If you're lucky, you will get to work with a great team of people.

Cons

It is difficult to move up the ladder within your own department. If you are hired on as a freelancer, it may take a while to get a head count approval and get converted to a full-time position even if your manager and boss recognize your value to the team. If you are below manager level, your pay will not be anything nominal.

If your lower level employees are valuable, be sure to tell them often. If you want them to stay, give them an actual raise (besides the 3% annual) or a promotion.

Fun place to work but not for advancing your career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Pros

Hip, trendy & energenic environment !

Cons

Not alot of opportunity for advancement. I actually witnessed a temp who was underqualified for a job and delivered very poor quality of work, get hired to a full-time position with salary and benefits. This promotes bad morale for the employees who exceed in their job but don't advance.

Promote experienced & qualified employees from within instead of outsourcing.

There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks.

Worked for MTV Networks? Contribute to the Community!