There are newer employer reviews for Mac-Gray

Gain great experience, don't expect advancement

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Waltham, MA (US)
Former Employee - Marketing in Waltham, MA (US)

I worked at Mac-Gray full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Low-stress work environment. A pleasant place to work with nice people.
- Some departments offer the ability to gain varied experience; a great foundation/stepping stone to other opportunities
- Flexible schedules and very generous paid time off opportunities. Perks like Summer Fridays.
- Industry leader in laundry constantly making improvements to its service offering

Cons

- Professional advancement is important to me, and was something I emphasized upon hire. As I excelled at my position and positions above me opened up, it was disheartening to see that in spite of the fact that I was told Mac-Gray hires from the inside, they absolutely prefer bringing in new hires from outside. It's discouraging and encourages high turnover
- In conjunction with the above, formal annual review process is in place, but seems to be just for show. A good review does not translate to higher monetary compensation (there is a "standard annual raise") or improved opportunities. Mac-Gray does not take employee development seriously.
- While some benefits (time off) are impressive, pay is very low and healthcare could use improvement.
- Has a very large, corporate feel to it. Innovation is not encouraged in departments other than R&D. The corporate structure has a very slow and bloated feel to it, minimizing adaptability and creativity.
- Company technology (computers/software) are slow and outdated, contributing to major inefficiency and frustration.
- Service department needs improvement for the rest of the company to function effectively.

- To avoid turnover it is so important to value your top employees and move them forward. I have seen promising hires leave much to the shock of management, and I can't understand their surprise. No one compensated the top employees for their hard work; their exit was inevitable. Please take annual reviews seriously and structure in monetary incentives that seriously reward hard work. Good hires are hard to come by; value them.
- Throw out all of your computers and buy new ones. The technology is painfully outdated.
- Human Resources needs improvement. Training is great but compensation, benefits, and a culture created by HR are sub-par.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Mac-Gray (View Most Recent)

What

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at Mac-Gray

Pros

They don't bother me and supply me with a vehicle at no cost to me. The benifits are also good

Cons

They don't supply me with the parts and knowledge needed to do my job properly.

Get real

good place to work but difficult to get ahead.

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Mac-Gray

Pros

flexible work schedule, non stressful, good benefits, good work environment. very supportive of employees looking for a work- personal life balance. nice boss.

Cons

I got very little feedback regarding my performance. Very cliquish environment. I didn't get the impression that while I could continue at my job for as long as I wanted..but promotions or pay raises were very hard to come by.

yearly employee reviews that are discussed with the employee so that they can know what to improve on. discussion of an employee's career path so that they can know what to do to get ahead in the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Mac-Gray

Worked for Mac-Gray? Contribute to the Community!