Macquarie Group
www.macquarie.com Sydney, Australia 5000+ Employees

Only your best performance is expected, but you will be rewarded for your efforts

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Macquarie Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWorking with other like-minded, ambitious people is infectious and helps spur you on - to think creatively, solve problems better, always be on the look-out for opportunities.
Good bonuses are possible for even "lower-level" associates, and are definitely above average even for within this industry.

ConsAnnual bonuses are highly dependent on your own performance and can vary a lot from year to year. They are also dependant on the business performance and your division's and even your team's (although this leads to more of a collaborative/sharing work environment, in order to enable taems and individuals to succeed.)

Unethical

Associate Director (Former Employee)
Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Macquarie Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Location is in the heart of the BCD Cons: Poor leadership, focusing on minutiae and going through motions Not innovative or entrepreneurial Antiquated systems… Advice to Senior Management: Terminate some of the EDs in key positions as the make decisions… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Spent 8 years in Infrastructure Operations - Wasted my time and talents

IT Senior Manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Macquarie Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Macquarie was once a wonderful place to work. Innovative, smart people, good energy. I think what happened was they took on more they… Cons: There are many cliques formed at Macquarie. There is an us (Australians) and them (Americans) mentality which has gotten worst… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the people and respect those doing the work. Also, Australians… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Macquarie Group.

Worked for Macquarie Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macquarie Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Macquarie Group CEO Nicholas W. Moore. All reviews posted anonymously by Macquarie Group employees.