Macy's

www.macysinc.com

Would definitely recommend this company as a place to work

Former Employee - Buyer  in  North Hollywood, CA (US)
Former Employee - Buyer in North Hollywood, CA (US)

Pros

strong training program
seasoned buyers
flexibility to move to different departments
upward mobility
senior management leadership

Cons

work life balance
holiday hours
long hours
heavy travel schedule

Other reviews for Macy's

Macy's East is an good place to work

Current Employee - Cosmetics Counter Manager
    Current Employee - Cosmetics Counter Manager

Pros

Macy's east is a good place to work. Excellent place if you are a go getter and want to advance. Once you get your management team on your side and really perform (meaning you make your numbers), you can really develop and grow with the company. Within cosmetics, there is a lot of incentive to make numbers. You can get Macy's money as well as cash bonuses for performing (numbers) above the expectation.

Cons

The company is so numbers driven, as soon as you make one benchmark you are expected to sell more and more and more! You have to really be a salesman in order to do well. That also creates a super competitive environment. Only the 'sharks' survive. The management team doesn't effectively communicate with the sales associates. So there can be a lot of confusion concerning policies. And you will not make a ton of money as an associate.

The biggest advice I can give to the leadership of Macy's is: You must communicate more effectively. There have been policies implemented and my store management did not fully understand them. Therefore the associates aren't given the correct information. It causes lots of confusion and can create a negative atmosphere within the stores.

It was good customer service experience.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

As an on call associate, my hours were flexible. I was able to work when it was convenient to me.

Cons

There was not much training. I was frequently expected to know things that had not been shown or explained to me.

More of an effort can be made to assist on-call representatives with familiarizing themselves with your company and what is required of them (the sales rep.s).

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!