Macy's

www.macysinc.com
  www.macysinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

They wouldn't give me any hours because I did not work on Black Friday

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Dallas, TX (US)
Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Macy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy to get hired, fun environment if you like working with people. Very flexible shifts make it easy to work here as a part time second job type of situation. Training was good, and management was friendly, at least at the North Park Mall location where I worked.

Cons

Very little support during your first shifts on the sales floor during the Christmas shopping season. Several times, I had issues that I did not yet know how to handle, and when I would look around for a senior associate to ask questions of, there was often no one to be found. Also, seniors took over the sales that I initiated! By that, I mean, I was showing an expensive watch to a gentleman, and as he was handing it to me to make the purchase, suddenly the lady I was working with, who was a full time employee, decided to "help me", meaning that she rang up the sale under her employee number and got the credit for it. I was told that I'd be in Watches, but if the regular employees wanted to do watches, they would send me to scarves or purses or some area that would not likely have many purchases for Christmas.

Provide more assistance to new hires during their first 20 hours as a sales associate. If you assign an associate to a particular area, make sure that the seasoned employees don't get to over-ride your decision!

5146 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Macy's King of Prussia

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Macy's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some people are nice and,since most employees are unhappy here , it makes for a "misery loves company" atmosphere.

Cons

Terrible base pay and if you are commissioned (very few areas are) the commission is usually a whopping 1%. I witnessed associates practically kill each other to get a sale. Management looks the other way. Also, only thing that matters is bottom line-an associate who is loud, unprofessional, etc. is praised as long as she sells.
    Store is very dirty, especially bathrooms.
    Point system (for lateness, illness) used unfairly. Glad I just quit to go back to teaching.

If you can't be human than fake it and act human during work hours.

Rude Managers

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Macy's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits for Full Time people.

Cons

The Managers are rude and talk down to you. The Morale is awful. The Managers need to step up the Respect to employee's. I would not work for this company.

Show more Respect and stop talking down to people. Times are hard so why do most managers treat others like trash.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's