Macy's

www.macysinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Good, Stable place to start out

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

flexible and stable working environment. Many employees have been at the company for a long time and they are great people to work with. Fabulous exec at the top. Great communicators.

Cons

Limited opportunities beyond manager level.

Keep up the good job.. we will get there with our strategies

5489 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Please make me a happy, proud Macy's associate.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

Good benefits if you can get them.

Cons

No respect from management or customers. All push for getting charges and sales but no consideration for the fact there are too few associates working, too much area to cover by ones self, really bad pay raises (worked for Kaufmann's/Macy's for almost 9 years and do not even make $9 per hour), they've cut vacation time, they've pitted one associate against another for sales and accounts. Used to be fun but not any longer.

Listen to those of us who are out on the floor.........give us a reason to want to come to work. You put us down at every turn. The more you work, the less you are appreciated. Proven full timers should have the pick of the shifts not the part timers. The part timers can work all dayturn if they want and no weekends. They can say if they want to work or not.........they can have a life...........not those of us who have put years into the company and proven ourselves to be useful, productive employees. Give us decent pay raises. What I make is a joke for the number of years I've been with the company. Do not rate our reviews on the entire store........rate us on what we do as individuals. Give us the help we need and do away with the dead wood in the store. Give me credit for what I do, sales/accounts/bridal work as we do not have a bridal consultant.

Macys Robots

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hanover, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hanover, MA (US)

I worked at Macy's

Pros

I am trying to get to the "best" reason, which is proving to be a challenge. I guess I would say the employee discount. There are times periods when you can get 40% off. When you start working there you get a coupon for 40% off black clothing which you must wear to work.

Cons

There are so many: salary, the constant reminder to sign every customer up for a credit card, the "psuedo" professional behavior which is stilted and insincere. The sales people on commission are trained to literally hound the customer. Hound the customer!

Improve pay, sharpen management, and loosen up!

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's