MasterCard

www.mastercard.com

My MasterCard Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Purchase, NY (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY (US)

Pros

One of the reasons I enjoyed working for MasterCard was the camaraderie between my colleagues and the way the departments were able to interact with each other. I also felt comfortable with knowing that if I needed to talk to Management about something, that the door was always open. I liked that they had plenty of resources available to increase your knowledge base, and they encouraged self improvement as well as career development. Management was quite flexible with time off and I saw in most cases they were willing to work with you if you needed something, be it advice, assistance, whatever.

Cons

The only real downside about working at MasterCard was that there seemed to be frequent reorganizations. It makes for tense management, in my opinion. Some other downsides were the political aspect of working in certain departments, but you will find that in any office. As with any and everything else, it all starts with the people.

Find a plan and stick to it.

Other reviews for MasterCard

OK -- good place to work for a while

Pros

Good benefits, comfortable workplace, nice people

Cons

In the suburbs, your fate is completely reliant on your manager and there are some truly inept managers, as with other companies. not much room for growth or movement right now.

Get a better handle on some of the veteran MC management and start cleaning shop; you have a lot of talent and people with drive who are held back due to their incompetent and retaliatory managers.

Recommended

Former Employee - Senior Business Leader  in  Purchase, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Business Leader in Purchase, NY (US)

Pros

Great work/life balance. Great commute for anyone living in Westchester.

Cons

Old management needs to change. Still hanging on to old "country club" culture that will no longer work in today's marketplace.

You need to leverage in-house company talent better. Understand who has what experience and don't simply look at current position. Lots of MC employees have varied and applicable experience which is not being tapped.

There are newer employer reviews for MasterCard.

Worked for MasterCard? Contribute to the Community!