McKee Foods

www.mckeefoods.com
  www.mckeefoods.com
There are newer employer reviews for McKee Foods

Down with the Debbie cakes!!!!

I worked at McKee Foods full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This was a wonderful company to work for. The environment was positive and everyone was treated fairly. It is a family run company and when you work there you feel like you are part of the family.

Cons

At this company there are a lot of long term employees. This is good in one aspect, but leaves little room for advancement.

25 Other Employee Reviews for McKee Foods (View Most Recent)

It was great for my first twenty years

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gentry, AR (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gentry, AR (US)

I worked at McKee Foods full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They tend to do well in bad economic times. People will always buy cheap snack cakes.
    Stability, many long-term employees.
    Decent pay scale.

Cons

While OD McKee was alive, and while his sons were directly involved in the company, innovation was encouraged and praised. Once the third generation took over, OD's catchphrase "There's a better way. Let's find it!" has been quietly set aside.
    Nowadays, it's run just like any other heartless, clueless megacorporation, with the exception that (seriously) God is claimed to be its ultimate guiding force.

OD made that company what it is. Get back to encouraging and rewarding innovative thinking. Let the grandkids quit thinking like MBA's and get back to thinking like small business owners.

Family owned... people care about you

Current Employee - I/S Intern in Collegedale, TN (US)
    Current Employee - I/S Intern in Collegedale, TN (US)

I have been working at McKee Foods as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Its a smaller place so its pretty friendly. Working in I/S is pretty chill for the most part. A lot of the full time employees are older and some are set in their ways, others are not (technologywise). There are quite a few interns that bring youth to the company. Decent pay for interns. Free little debbies all day.

Cons

Too many free little debbies. You'll get fat.
    They don't have many open positions for developers. Most people stay forever at McKee making it hard for new positions to open up.

There are newer employer reviews for McKee Foods