McKee Foods
www.mckeefoods.com Collegedale, TN 5000+ Employees

It was great for my first twenty years

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Gentry, AR (US)

I worked at McKee Foods full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThey tend to do well in bad economic times. People will always buy cheap snack cakes.
Stability, many long-term employees.
Decent pay scale.

ConsWhile OD McKee was alive, and while his sons were directly involved in the company, innovation was encouraged and praised. Once the third generation took over, OD's catchphrase "There's a better way. Let's find it!" has been quietly set aside.
Nowadays, it's run just like any other heartless, clueless megacorporation, with the exception that (seriously) God is claimed to be its ultimate guiding force.

Advice to Senior ManagementOD made that company what it is. Get back to encouraging and rewarding innovative thinking. Let the grandkids quit thinking like MBA's and get back to thinking like small business owners.

Ok place to work but need alot of work far as communication between management!

Stuarts Draft, VA (US)

I have been working at McKee Foods

Pros: time off, profit sharing bonus, good benefits Cons: Management needs a major overhaul, and major cuts. Why on earth do we need so many supertindents! Too good to lay… Advice to Senior Management: Work more on getting better equipment into the plants, and focus on cutting down on waste and lean more towards going green… More

Used To Be A Good Place To Work

Consultant (Current Employee)
Stuarts Draft, VA (US)

I have been working at McKee Foods

Pros: They have a gym and dental and health (which they've… Cons: I have to constantly tell them about broken or items that are in disrepair, those items get put on "pass down". Which sounds good but… Advice to Senior Management: Use common sense, offer incentives instead of threats. Listen to employees for advice in being more efficient, new product ideas, and keep the door open… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on McKee Foods.

Worked for McKee Foods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McKee Foods reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for McKee Foods CEO Mike McKee. All reviews posted anonymously by McKee Foods employees.