McKee Foods
www.mckeefoods.com Collegedale, TN 5000+ Employees

Overall good, but dysfunctional management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Collegedale, TN (US)

I worked at McKee Foods

ProsI can't speak for the manufacturing operations, but in salaried business process areas, it is a relatively good company to work for. They are very good at hiring and retaining excellent people, so there is plenty of talent and a "nice" atmosphere is valued and maintained.

ConsThere is more than the typical amount of management dysfunction. Silos of authority are sacrosanct causing logical absurdities.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some good management consultants to totally redesign the management structures of the company, then implement at least most of the recommendations.

Centralize Information Technology authority and implement a cohesive IT strategy throughout the company.

fun

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at McKee Foods as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: didn't have any promotions Cons: most of the supervisors will not listen to you and… More

Overall decent work experience

Chemist (Former Employee)
Collegedale, TN (US)

I worked at McKee Foods full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The laboratory was one of the better labs for a food company with decent equipment and room. Things were usually kept busy and… Cons: The staffing was reduced increasing workloads to stressful levels at one point. Use to have more freedoms to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on McKee Foods.

Worked for McKee Foods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McKee Foods reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for McKee Foods CEO Mike McKee. All reviews posted anonymously by McKee Foods employees.