MedAssets
www.medassets.com Alpharetta, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A great place to work

Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI joined MedAssets 4 years ago as a contractor. I became a permanent employee after one year, and have since been promoted twice and am now in a Sr. Management position. My growth in the company can be attributed to a clearly defined career path, hard work, versatility and a manager that supported my growth by continually providing new challenges/opportunities.
We’re a fast growing, midsized company where in my opinion; most employees are provided an opportunity to have a measureable impact. Moreover, the organization fosters an entrepreneurial environment where I can be innovative and risky which in my experience is unusual for this sized company. Finally, I appreciate the fact that we consistently demonstrate a willingness in outreach and community programs; which is driven by our CEO and down through the organization.
Healthcare continues to evolve and to remain competitive in our industry; we have to as well which creates some challenges. That said, in my view, our constant evolution creates opportunity to learn new skills and facilitate career growth. Ultimately, this is a great place to work.

ConsSeems to have taken longer than normal to integrate all of our acquisitions which has created some challenges in standardizing processes and creating a fluid infrastructure.
Continuity among segments could create more synergy.

Ok but not without issues

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MedAssets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good vacation, good pay for more recent hires. Overall not a bad place to work. I was happy to go to work there before they… Cons: Things really went downhill after they went public. They started buying up a few other companies and overextended themselves. This caused them to pull hold… Advice to Senior Management: Review how much you pay people you want to keep. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very disappointing experience - would not recommend this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MedAssets full-time

Pros: Great co-workers Staff works hard to achieve results Decent benefits - not… Cons: Not staffed anywhere close to the level needed to meet objectives and commitments Infrastructure constantly breaking, rendering data and applications unavailable to customers Company does not appear… Advice to Senior Management: I wouldn't know where to start - problems appear to be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on MedAssets.

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MedAssets reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MedAssets CEO John A. Bardis. All reviews posted anonymously by MedAssets employees.