There are newer employer reviews for Medco Health

operations management

I worked at Medco Health

Pros

very customer focused, rewards appropriate for work done, enjoyed working for medco.

Cons

disappointed with merger with express. totally different expectations.

228 Other Employee Reviews for Medco Health (View Most Recent)

medco health

Current Employee - Member Services  in  Omaha, NE (US)
    Current Employee - Member Services in Omaha, NE (US)

I have been working at Medco Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people an hours are great.

Cons

Pay could be better. An can get a little stressful.

Stay kind,helpful an encourageing. Member services,does a lot of work. Prescricption refills,Drug covorage, address verification,Billing and more, we should make more per hr.

Treat your patients like people instead of money, and your employees like humans not robots

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Medco Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay. Good benefits. Fairly easy job.

Cons

High stress level, due to some very unnecessary work flow issues. The processes and procedures are obviously created by people who never take calls and see their patients as pure money, instead of sick people who need a system that will allow them to get their meds in the fastest fashion possible. Too many patients get lost amongst simple neglect due to procedures. As an employee it can be painful to have to tell someone that no one has followed up with their doctor to complete a prescription. This is not a job for someone who truly cares about people. You will feel completely stressed, unless you're able to go numb.

Accredo Health Group had it right. The "call center" environment created by Medco is simply not a good match for helping patients. The employee culture under AHG was conducive to great, non-stressed workers. They also hired quality people. You now hire anyone, and then tighten the reigns on all of us. Be less concerned about call stats, and more about actual output and performance. Whether I say a patients name three times during a call shouldn't be as important as the fact that I can't get them their medication because of your failure in urgency to process their prescriptions.

There are newer employer reviews for Medco Health

Worked for Medco Health? Contribute to the Community!