Mediacom Communications

www.mediacomcable.com

Great environment with difficult scheduling

Internet Support Representative (Current Employee) West Des Moines, IA (US)

ProsFast paced, fair pay, fun environment. It is an environment that encourages creative thinking. The performance standards are clearly defined, and the supervisors are knowledgeable and helpful. I really feel that the management wants me to succeed, and cares about the worker's satisfaction. There are often events being held, good benefits, paid training and overtime available. In this economy, cable is one of the few industries that it still growing, so there should be some job security.

ConsScheduling is tough, until you have worked there for a few years you will be working over the weekend. Some customers can be abusive, but that's standard call center stuff.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to make scheduling easier. It is tough for someone with a family to work all weekend, every weekend. It really takes a toll on the family to never be around when the kids and spouse are home.

A mediocre place to work; definitely not a place to build a career.

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA (US)

I have been working at Mediacom Communications

Pros: It could be a good place to get started. They are willing to give a wide variety of people a chance to work with technologies… Cons: An almost complete and utter lack of professionalism that seems to be spread throughout the company. People in various management positions are not held responsible… Advice to Senior Management: They need to realize that a company is limited by or enabled by the people working there. Far too… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good place if you want to be rewarded for incompetence.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Goshen, NY (US)

I worked at Mediacom Communications

Pros: Mid level managers were great. They allowed for flexible… Cons: Senior Management. Horrible pay. No long term growth… Advice to Senior Management: Pay market rate for jobs. Do not advertise jobs to the lowest bidder. You get what you pay… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Mediacom Communications.

Worked for Mediacom Communications? Contribute to the Community!