Michaels Stores
www.michaels.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Happy if you can follow the rules.

Previously CEM, Currently Wilton Instructor (Current Employee)
Columbia, MD (US)

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time

ProsGreat managers, fun customers, hard working & friendly co-workers.

ConsYou need to he willing to work physically hard. Rearranging isles, displays always. Unloading trucks weekly & meeting regular deadlines. Everyone is expected to work as a team & slackers do not last long.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great. Very sensitive to employeess needs. They have a difficult job trying to keep upper management happy, employees happy & customers happy.

Hard work doesn't get you anywhere.

I have been working at Michaels Stores

Pros: If you like to stay busy..work on the replenishment team or be a closing associate. Replenishment team does all the "work" and is out… Cons: Too much to do for the time alloted, unqualified managers, so called Store of the Future HUGE flop in that ALL the responsibilities are on… Advice to Senior Management: Come out of the office and do something besides make a list. We know what needs to be done..Hold associates and yourselves accountable… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not a place to work if you want to pay your bills.

Cashier (Current Employee)

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros: All the items stocked in the store to bring out… Cons: Unorganized, chaotic. Work schedule very poor, work 3-4 1/2 hour shifts per day. Weekly hours worked between 3 and 8 for the most part depending… Advice to Senior Management: Hire more people, like a human resource person. Store manager is too busy to deal with issues of when a person can and can't work.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Michaels Stores CEO Chuck Rubin . All reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees.