Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

Great company in retail

Teacher (Current Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsRetail is a less then desirable field but its nice to find a company that makes the field easy to live in. Great benefits for a retailer especially in a time when most are cutting benefits to save money.

ConsRetail is retail, hours are long and change every week. Review is for the retail division, opportunity to advance is rare. Recruitment focuses outside the company not at promoting within.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen possible set hours helps especially if you can. Not giving a set schedule just because you don't want them to get used to it.

If you're an engineer, it's like working at Disneyland

Senior Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: 1) Very smart, knowledgeable coworkers. You can definitely learn from your team mates. 2) Many interesting projects to choose from. No matter what part… Cons: 1) If you are used to being the smartest and most capable developer in your company, that won't be true anymore. Your coworkers will… Advice to Senior Management: Scrap the evaluation system. If you put together a team of 10 superstars,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Once great, now full of fail

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: - The people you work with are usually good people -… Cons: - Benefits suck now - Company has been going nowhere for over a decade - Review system is an abomination - If you're unlucky enough to work in… Advice to Senior Management: How about getting input from the employees before making stupid choices like NO offices for almost everyone? What about asking for feedback on big bets… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!