Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

Challenging, rewarding, great people and great company

Software Development Engineer II (Current Employee) Redmond, WA (US)

ProsFlexible work hours. Great benefits (health, dental, 401k, gym membership, free soda/juice/coffee/tea, Prime Card discounts to many local businesses). Challenging work that literally affects 100's of millions of customers. Competitive compensation. Microsoft has a product for just about any area of technology you may be interested in.

ConsReviewed compared to your peers. Doesn't matter how well you do if your peers do more/better.
It rains a lot in Seattle and is dark a lot in Winter. Limited scope in many SDE/SDET positions. You own your features and can get pigeon-holed into your technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel the company is headed in the right direction with its products. I don't like the recent changes to Health Insurance and the new compensation model.

its a great company to work for.

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros: Lots of different projects to work. Lots of smart people… Cons: Maybe too much middle management. More

Eleven years in sales and one hell of a career starter...

PAM/SEM/CAM/AM (Former Employee) Redmond, WA (US)

I worked at Microsoft full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: * Pays... good * Hours... flexible * Management... just like anything - hit and miss * Upper-management... I like Steve Balmer... sorry reader - he's a passionate guy… Cons: * Political... to the absolutely 100% fullest * Review system... changes a lot * Sales compensation model... hit and miss depending depending on quota * Slow to add… Advice to Senior Management: Fix the field promotion challenges... pull people back to Redmond more readily and start pushing those corporate folks to the field more readily... it's important… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!