Modern Woodmen of America: Touching lives. Securing Futures

Current Employee - Financial Representative  in  Tacoma, WA (US)
Current Employee - Financial Representative in Tacoma, WA (US)

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

The possibility for advancement are only limited by the amount of work that you are willing to put forth. If management is for you, than you have the best opportunity in the financial services industry to advance into management. The benefits package is amazing, there is an old-fashioned pension, which gives you an extra incentive to work hard.

Cons

If you are a person that is not good at time management, this job is not for you. Also if you are not good at keeping track of what you do, you could have problems. As you have no "boss" per-se, you need to keep careful watch of the time you use and don't use.

Keep being hands on, and make sure that you keep close watch on the reps that have been contracted for fewer than 6 months.

Other Reviews for Modern Woodmen

Working for Modern Woodmen of America has been better than all the other insurance companies I have worked with.

Current Employee - Financial Representative  in  Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Modern Woodmen full-time for more than a year

Pros

Besides having great products to offer my clients, Modern Woodmen is a fraternal company which provides $30 million every year for us to use in our communities. This is great fir the communities, our members, and has the effect of great marketing for us.

Cons

There are some additional products I wish we had to sell.

Listen to the field reps for new products to meet market demands.

Great Company...Client Focused. Good career opportunity especially if you plan to work in the middle America market.

Current Employee - Financial Representative  in  Madison, MS (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Madison, MS (US)

I have been working at Modern Woodmen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fraternal Company, Good Training for New Representatives, Very Good Corporate Citizen, Supports Representatives Giving Back to Community, Defined Benefit Plan Funded by Company, Excellent Medical & Dental Plans, 401K

Cons

Not as much support for seasoned representatives...more focused on newer reps, Relatively low commission rates compared to industry however benefits are good, Annual "Incentive" trip is basically a glorified sales meeting usually in a great location but the time is filled with meetings.

Recognize that established reps need support too, Reduce amount of time spent in meetings at annual conference or stop making reps qualify, Promoting as many Regional Directors as possible doesn't make sense...they aren't the ones producing. Reduce the number of management in the field and increase agent compensation/bonus.

There are newer employer reviews for Modern Woodmen.

Worked for Modern Woodmen? Contribute to the Community!