Modern Woodmen

www.modern-woodmen.org

Apply today, Start work tomorrow!...But get a paycheck next month...and training 6 months later.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsNo Experience or Education is required to come on board. You go through 3 tiers of interviews, but as long as you don't have a felony, you will be offerred a job. They will work with you every step of the way to ensure that you pass the state exam (about a 1-2 week study-cram). Then you are given a rebate (refund of exam and licensing fee) when you pass. Your computer, business cards, and other incidental biz expenses are credited to you and taken out of your paycheck, gradually.

ConsMust have abouth a 6-month business expense to live on. It will be at least a month before you will start receiving income. So you must pay for transportation and supplies. Leads are cold (luke-warm at best). Low name recognition of "Modern Woodment". Extensive 1-week District training in Rock Island, IL, is given after you have been on your own for about 6 months. The training was good, but very late.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the District training immediately after the agent passes the state exam and BEFORE having the agent selling, unsupervised.

If you are attracted to this field of work there is no better place to build from then Modern Woodmen.

Agent (Current Employee)

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros: MWA is a Fraternal organization with terrific customer loyalty. They have a… Cons: You are paid on by commission, which, for the self-motivated, is actually a plus.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Modern Woodmen is a great place to work

District Agent (Current Employee)

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros: For the home office staff I am sure it is a great place to work with lots of job security. The field staff has its… Cons: The strong reliance on referral based client growth only could… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the communications open with the next generation of agents and managing agents in order to keep up with the accelerating marketing chances in the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Modern Woodmen.

Worked for Modern Woodmen? Contribute to the Community!