There are newer employer reviews for Modern Woodmen

a place were self motivated people excel.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

set own schedule, great income potential, a lot of motivators provided by the company, great training and assistance from co-workers and management.

Cons

Long nights, hard to get time off, and missing out on family time very frequently. Looking forward to establishing my buisness so I can enjoy myself a but more. Starting out is difficult but rewarding.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Modern Woodmen (View Most Recent)

Good pay but poor training.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Modern Woodmen

Pros

Good compensation when a sale was complete. Good benefits package once probationary period is up, and if you can make a career out of it the retirement pension is very good.

Cons

Extremely slow to ever recieve first pay check (I went about 3 months), management is often involved in their own sales so they dont have a lot of time to sit with new representatives and teach them how to sell themselves.

a wonderful experiance

Current Employee - Financial Representative
    Current Employee - Financial Representative

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

Freedom to set your own schedule and run your own business the way you wish. You are your own boss!

Cons

Compensation is not all that great but it's also a very hard position right now with the loss of jobs

Focus more on the financial planning for reps and less on insurance. Modern Woodmen is known as a life insurance company and not a financial services company.

There are newer employer reviews for Modern Woodmen