Morningstar
www.morningstar.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great environment, good people

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Morningstar full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe people are great, and the work environment is fun and in a great location.

ConsCan be a bit disorganized because of the way business is siloed. This is not really a bad thing, because it means most business units can handle business in the best way for that product or team.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe very careful as you move toward strengthening core businesses and trimming profitable ones on the periphery. There is a lot of good talent that feels the resource squeeze, and it can scare good people away.

Awesome place to work

Software QA Analyst (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Morningstar full-time for more than a year

Pros: Management is very co-operative. If you have new ideas, you are encouraged to implement those. Curiosity is always answered . People respect each other and are eager to… Cons: Difficult to grow within your own team, so sometimes it… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Decent

Marketing (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Morningstar full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good work/life balance, people were generally friendly, good 401(k) match. Cons: Low salary, low upward mobility, Morningstar Development Program was unorganized, flexible leave… Advice to Senior Management: Have a more structured system that allows young analysts to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Morningstar.

Worked for Morningstar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morningstar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Morningstar CEO Joe Mansueto. All reviews posted anonymously by Morningstar employees.