Morningstar

www.morningstar.com

Great start for student if you don't bother doing boring jobs

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat company culture, flexible schedule, lots of employee training, friendly co-workers, promotion opportunity is there if you want, great communication between team members and with team leaders. GREAT BRAND in Chicago!

ConsJob actually does not require much analytic skills. It's almost always checking data accuracy and filling the database. Project manager or Team Lead may have some high-level smart thinking. But as data analyst, you tackle with non-technical and non-analytic jobs which easily get you boring and losing you spirit. BTW, sometime, you need to work 9 or 10 hours a day!

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more connection among different units such as data team, research team and IT solution team. Some analyst may have enough background digging into research or programming projects. They can work more closely.

It's truly a great place to work.

I have been working at Morningstar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: We're all in it together, working out the kinks, but all believe in… Cons: Change is challenging, but what's exciting without change? Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overworked and under compensated

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Morningstar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - The company prides itself on helping the individual investor, which is a belief to which most employees truly… Cons: - Management struggles with decisions on how to best structure the firm, and as such there have been multiple large-scale reorganizations in recent history. … Advice to Senior Management: - Hire outside consultants or those with executive management experience OUTSIDE of Morningstar. Remove the flat management structure and increase compensation to retain truly… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Morningstar.

Worked for Morningstar? Contribute to the Community!