Great Place to Work

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Exton, PA (US)
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Exton, PA (US)

I have been working at Morphotek as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, awesome boss, and friendly co-workers. The salary is good for the type of work and hours, M-F 8a-5p. The lab I work in is state of the art with the latest equipment. My department is small and my team is the best.

Cons

I have to take 76 to get to and from work and traffic is terrible. There is a hiring freeze and I am hopeful it will be lifted so I can be brought on as a full-time employee.

Advice to Management

Hire people full time as apposed to contract so we don't lose them to other companies.

reviews filtered by
  1. Like anywhere, it has its good days and bad days

I have been working at Morphotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule
    Weather delays/closures when warranted
    Vacation allowance is ok

Cons

Favoritism
    Silos exist
    Squeaky wheel mentality when that isn't always the best solution

Advice to Management

Don't allow those with direct access to your office or the loudest voice be the only voice you hear

2. Now what?

Former Employee - Clinical Research in Exton, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Clinical Research in Exton, PA (US)

I worked at Morphotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I read the reviews about how great it is to work at Morphotek and I agree. Got to work from home at least one day a week. They buy lunch sometimes and have lots of fun things to do during the day like pool and foozeball. But we start to wonder if that's because there really isn't anything much to do any more. It's great if you want an easy day with good pay. It's owned by a bigger company from Japan now so that might provide more stability for what was once a small company. Easy to get to. Benefits are same as a big pharmaceutical company. Vacation given is pretty good. The people are good and some smart people work there. The CEO tries to keep people happy by having fun events during the day.

Cons

...but how long can the company last? It's public knowledge that the clinical trials have failed. Employees want to hear what is next so they will decide to stay. The pay practices and promotion processes seem based on who is liked by senior people and don't seem based on how well you do. It's a big concern to me that there have been so many laid off and not replaced in the past few months. Budgets have been slashed. We needed to hear a positive message. Why is the CEO always working from home?

Advice to Management

put away the "suggestion boxes" you have put up and set up some one on one meetings to ask people what they think. tell us what's going on so good people might stay. give us the real deal on what is happening. be visible and transparent.