Motorola Mobility
3.1 of 5 1,429 reviews
www.motorola.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Generally a good employer

Mechanical Engineering Manager (Current Employee)
Libertyville, IL (US)

I have been working at Motorola Mobility full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMotorola has many good people that work there. They are hard working, friendly people to work with. If you get on a good product team, you feel good about what you're doing.

ConsYou always feel the year job is at risk. Programs get canceled frequently, making your 50-60 hour work weeks completely wasted.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease make sure before you start a program that it is something you feel will really go to end. It's really frustrating to work so hard on something that just gets canceled.

Nice corporate working environment

Program Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Motorola Mobility full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great people in the working ranks Cons: Executive management reorganizing every year, has no clear direction Advice to Senior Management: Develop a 3 to 5 year plan for the company… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Highly volatile company

Senior Research Engineer (Former Employee)
Libertyville, IL (US)

I worked at Motorola Mobility full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Focus on research and innovation, particularly forward-looking company in a challenging industry.… Cons: Company underwent many changes (Company split, then Google took over). As a result, management quality deteriorated. Job security was never great, but has dropped… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Motorola Mobility.

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Motorola Mobility reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Motorola Mobility CEO Rick Osterloh. All reviews posted anonymously by Motorola Mobility employees.