Motorola Solutions

www.motorolasolutions.com
  www.motorolasolutions.com
There are newer employer reviews for Motorola Solutions

Great company that makes you excited to make life-saving products and have solid job security.

I worked at Motorola Solutions

Pros

My role involved a tremendous amount of incredible, international travel. Our design team was so close it was my second family. I stayed a good 4 years longer than I expected because it was fun going to work everyday and felt purpose in the products I was helping create.

Cons

It's still an engineering company at heart - makes it tough sometimes to drive innovation when the company still cares more about time and cost. They're coming around, though. Good place to gain tremendous hands-on experience with product development. Sometimes tough to grow/be promoted due to the senior management lifers.

Encourage more innovation. Stand behind the designers as much as Marketing and Engineering. Many of us do not see eye to eye on your promotion choices for Director and Senior level managers. Those individuals should exude intelligence, ingenuity, and respect.

637 Other Employee Reviews for Motorola Solutions (View Most Recent)

Good Company to work on "Products"

I have been working at Motorola Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good to work on several different Mobility Handheld Products

Cons

Improvements required at many higher levels

Motorola Networks - It used to be great company, but now is sold for nothing (nsn, cambium, etc)

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Kiev (Ukraine)
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Kiev (Ukraine)

I worked at Motorola Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Highest ethic standards, great level of tech people, great technology, real innovation spirit, great equality and opportunity for bright people, US management great local HR

Cons

Was a little bit beurocratic, slow in key decision, alienated US management (point of view from Europe), sometimes local top managers were hurt by corporate wars

No point to give advise to no-longer existing mgmt of no longer existing Networks

There are newer employer reviews for Motorola Solutions