Mott MacDonald
www.mottmac.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Mott MacDonald consultancy

Transport Planner (Current Employee)
Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Mott MacDonald

ProsOpen and flexible working environment, not too much emphasis on hierarchies, reasonable opportunities for advancement and encouragement to advance. The work-life balance is on the whole fairly good, and the work is project-focus so working additional hours is only expected where necessary. It is not a requisite for advancement. The culture of the company is in general friendly, and most of senior management are very open and responsive people. The salaries available to staff on lower grades are good when compared to competitors. On the whole the people at mott macdonald are friendly, highly skilled and ready to share skills with others, There is a strong feeling of teamwork and very few selfish or egotistical people.

ConsVery large organisation in which people can get lost, not enough recognition given to technical experts. Also the holiday allowance is very poor indeed, and in general the benefits structure is poor. There is very little flexibility available. Annual leave is limited to 20 days plus 2 statutory days. Generally many employees can get lost in the huge organisation, however due to the skill shortage in most disciplines ambitious individuals get progress as they wish, with hard work. There is a high staff turnover, but this is true of most companies in this field and is partly due to the limited salaries on offer for technical jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff turnover largely due to lack of recognition given to workers with strong technical skills but little ambition to become managers.

really good experience for the middle level engineer in the EPCM point of view.

Project Engineer (Current Employee)
Mumbai

I have been working at Mott MacDonald full-time for less than a year

Pros: exposure, knowledge sharing, working culture, work life balance, senior management, options for… Cons: Compensation is not up to the industry standards. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overall a as Usual management on SHE

Safety Officer (Current Employee)
Mumbai

I have been working at Mott MacDonald full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Personal learning & development best structured. Cons: Site management team think like old days, Safety is least priority at… Advice to Senior Management: Industry Consultancy still poorly managed and non-transparent to Site People as well as Board members too. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Mott MacDonald.

Worked for Mott MacDonald? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mott MacDonald reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mott MacDonald CEO Richard Williams . All reviews posted anonymously by Mott MacDonald employees.