Yay

I have been working at NCO Financial

Pros

Just a wonderful company miss it

Cons

Cannot think of anything bad to say

Other Reviews for NCO Financial

Not too bad but..

I worked at NCO Financial full-time

Pros

Free food, relaxed environment, no dress code

Cons

Management sucks. The one that managed my department was an under-educated, unqualified buffoon.

A terrible, sterile environment with zero morale or respect for newcomers

Current Employee - Capitol One Accounts Assist  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Capitol One Accounts Assist in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Two of the managers I could name do have a little spirit and humor, and realize you're a human being, not a drone. They are gravely outnumbered.

Cons

Personally, I'm shocked I might be the first to write this up. It really is a depressing, ghetto, and mindless environment that breeds conflict on the work floor and transgresses onto the people they are calling. This place is a sterile, lifeless, and unchallenging as they come, and above all, will test your sanity due to the extremely low work flow resulting in massive boredom crossed with unnecessarily harsh floor rules that literally trap you in one place - at your cubicle. Try working the Fraud department for Capitol One (who hire NCO to handle their affairs) in Montreal. When the work flow is slow and there simply are no cases to review (and I mean NONE, not like a few and people are putting them off. NONE), you are not even allowed a book, magazine, pen and paper - ANYTHING - to doodle, read, or otherwise pass the time when there is NO work and NOTHING YOU CAN DO OR BE GIVEN TO DO.

Turning to talk to your neighbor? Reprimanded. Browsing Google search result lists (the only internet access not blocked, as all other sites are blocked)? Reprimanded. More than once and you're written up and sent home. What do they expect people to do in a chair in front of a monitor and there is no work? You are literally expected to sit there, stare at your screen, and keep Refreshing your work program in the hopes new work comes in... which on average, nets you maybe ONE case in a 3 hour window. Again, I've lived this, and am not exaggerating. I never thought I'd work someplace where I actually begged for MORE WORK TO DO!! "What am I supposed to do then There is no work coming in!!" numerous workers plea to their managers when yelled at for surfing Google search results (the only loophole luxury on the floor), to which their zombified superiors reply "Keep refreshing in case something comes in"... or "keep calling customers" (who you've already called several times for the day and can't leave more than one voice message for in a 24 hr window)... they don't even know what to say, because there is nothing to say.

All this on your weekends, as the "hazing period" (as referred to coldly by some employees) demands your first year be all weekends, with three workdays of late afternoon to night hours (11am to 10pm on average). After that, MAYBE you can negotiate "normal" hours of a work week, M-F. And forget your spine health.... There's a common war for a good chair to sit in as many are busted, leaning, and stuffing torn out... NCO is too cheap to accommodate their employees with appropriate CHAIRS even, let alone locker space to match the employee count (several people leave their valuables open for theft, which happens often, because they cannot find a free locker and also can't have their things on them while working).

I'm not a dramatic person but seriously.... all they need are whips and shackles to complete the picture. If you'd like to better understand the mammoth amount of civilian complaints against this company that circulate online, regarding annoying calls and harassment, then you need only WORK HERE and see for yourself... the poor workers have NO ONE ELSE TO CALL, for weeks at a time, NOTHING THEY'RE ALLOWED ELSE TO DO. NOTHING BUT SIT AND HOPE FOR WORK. Capitol One and other clients are getting ripped off blind by paying NCO to handle their work.

Get a reality check. You're hiring people, not zombies. Be honest, not leading on and lying, about advancement opportunities. Make work more available or don't hire at all. At the very least offer part-time positions if the full-time is THIS unproductive. Not sure if that's about tax breaks or what, but mismanagement is synonymous with NCO Montreal. The managers don't even respect the place, and it transpires onto the employees.

There are newer employer reviews for NCO Financial.

Worked for NCO Financial? Contribute to the Community!