NCsoft

www.ncsoft.net

US offices are depressing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsGain some entry level experience into the gaming industry. You get to work on some great products...not ones that were created by your own offices but those created by the Korean office.

ConsOur Christmas bonus one year was a copy of the game we'd worked on. Just 1.
Management of the Seattle office was abysmal. Dealt with an extremely nepotistic manager who wouldn't promote anyone until they'd all left and he could promote his relative. Not that she was bad, just that she didn't have the experience that others did until they all left.
Pay was not competitive.
NCsoft West was a total mess run by incompetence and apathy.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou don't need to be wasting your money on a downtown Seattle office. Most of those employees are useless...you could probably hire a few English fluent folk out of HQ and do an equivalent job.

This company attracts good people and great talent

Art Production Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

I worked at NCsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They provide good benefits and progressive policies like offering health coverage for domestic partners. They also allow individual teams… Cons: Like any game company, you are vulnerable to team-wide layoffs… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Morally Bankrupt

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NCsoft

Pros: Individual studios (ArenaNet, RIP Paragon, Carbine) offer a pleasant enough experience, and to the extent that you… Cons: Lack of direction. Inability to think differently and try new things. Poor use of shared services bogging down the individual development studios. … Advice to Senior Management: Re-evaluate your moral compass, recognize that your people (regardless of which country they work… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on NCsoft.

Worked for NCsoft? Contribute to the Community!