Disrespected, unappreciated and taken for granted

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I worked at NRC (National Research Corporation)

Pros

The co-workers to name a few who you respected and enjoyed working with everyday.

Cons

No praise and recognition or treatment of employees as they matter. There is a motto NCR feels proud to promote on logos, ending of emails etc.. Integrity, Fairness and Respect. I as well as most of my fellow coworkers thought it was a joke because we felt none of these 3 qualities does NCR embody.

Other Reviews for NRC (National Research Corporation)

I learned a lot about corporate nonsense.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lincoln, NE (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE (US)

I worked at NRC (National Research Corporation)

Pros

Pay is not bad for Lincoln.

Cons

Gossip is a big factor. Employees are not valued. Too many management experiments that mostly end with big layoffs. You can get hired with big promises and get fired a few months later when there's a change in management.

When you change the business direction give it some time before trying to pick a different direction. Value your human assets. It takes time to train someone to do his\her job so often hiring and firing is actually hurts NRC business. People that are in fear of getting laid off all the time can't be productive.

Great people, great location, but sales > service

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lincoln, NE (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE (US)

I have been working at NRC (National Research Corporation) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people at NRC are the company's greatest asset. The people at NRC work hard, with integrity and respect, and they are accountable and generally work in a very cohesive, team-oriented manner. The office culture is positive because of the people. Clearly NRC has done a good job of hiring people who fit the culture. The work has meaning and purpose, as we seek to help healthcare organizations improve the experience of their patients. The work-life balance is very good. Life outside of work is valued just as much as hard work in the office.

Cons

The direction of the company is unclear. We've experienced big changes recently (example - COO resigned), and the future of the company's leadership and the structure is a bit up in the air.
    It's appears sales folks are valued more than service folks at NRC. While service is valued for the great work that is performed each day, the compensation received (not received) reflects that service is not as valued as sales, in spite of the very important role service plays in retention and upsells.
    Technology is not what it should be at a company like NRC. Using old systems and databases that are not necessarily conducive to the ever-changing landscape of healthcare and need to provide clients with the tools they need.

In addition to providing quarterly financial updates to associates, which is nice to see (even at a high level), it would benefit associates to have more transparency from leadership in regards to the direction the company is headed.

There are newer employer reviews for NRC (National Research Corporation).

Worked for NRC (National Research Corporation)? Contribute to the Community!