NTT
www.ntt.co.jp Tokyo, Japan 5000+ Employees

Great place for a 2-year postdoc

Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at NTT

ProsGreat place for state-of-the-art research, rich research fields, friendly work environment among colleagues, lots of opportunities for publication/presentation/forum etc., flexible work time, collaboration with other research labs within NTT is possible.

ConsAs a foreigner, you may feel the limitation on your career growth opportunity. Communication in English was not very effective. It turned out that I found it easier to work on my Japanese instead of communicate with people in English. If you consider a full-time position, fluent Japanese is a must.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open-mined to foreign researchers. Say things earlier and more explicitly if you want to correct things or change directions.

Initially good but getting boring

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at NTT

Pros: - Aggressive and well-placed for the DC market Cons: - sometimes long working hour - Major cut in resources after… Advice to Senior Management: - More open to open subsidiary More

not the best

I have been working at NTT

Pros: good place to learn stuff if you hit the right… Cons: upper management is near the bottom Advice to Senior Management: I cant understand why NTT MSC keeps dead wood. More

There are newer reviews on NTT.

Worked for NTT? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NTT reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NTT CEO Satoshi Miura. All reviews posted anonymously by NTT employees.