NVIDIA

www.nvidia.com

Not Structured

Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA (US)

ProsThe people working here are for the most part cohesive and great to work with. In order for you to do well, you need to know who is who and what they do, even in other organizations outside of your own. Work schedule is flexable. Working independantly is wide spread.

ConsWell, this is the least structured company I have ever worked for. Try finding an organizational chart to use with your job. Forget it. Also, a considerable percentage of the management here do not even have basic management skills. Even at the top level. Zip, nada, zero. They tend to manage by tasks and in many cases micro-manage. Many in a management positions do not have training or awareness in human behavior, motivation, or conflict resolution. A lack of a vision statement, communicated objectives and plans many times has an impact on customers. Career growth is not apparent. By the way, too many people working here have no clue what the person in the next cube does. Just a shame. The worst point is that communication here is really lacking, on all levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to understand that a title does not mean your the Captain. It means you have to know how to manage the resources you have the best way. Do people admire you? Respect you? Do you embrace round table discussions with your organization? Probably not. Do you think everything is fine? Unfortunately, some in management still carry the notion that the military management way is the only way and the best way. Please look at what other successful companies are doing with their management structure and approaches to management.

Technically rewarding, but there are costs

Senior Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time for more than a year

Pros: 1. Very flexible company for employees. Very few formalities like mandatory weekly meetings, etc. Communication is done on a much more ad hoc (and efficient)… Cons: 1. Compensation is not where it should be. The base salaries seem high but the yearly rewards are nowhere near as good as other companies.… Advice to Senior Management: Emphasize to the executives that compensation and benefits are sorely… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good working environment

Senior Camera/ISP Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time for more than a year

Pros: Management is good, people are in general smart and down… Cons: salary and benefits are not attractive Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on NVIDIA.

Worked for NVIDIA? Contribute to the Community!