There are newer employer reviews for Napco Security

Great Products, Questionable strategy

I have been working at Napco Security

Pros

The products are superior to others within the same catagory. Customer base is loyal and consider it to be the best in the market.

Cons

Management does not respect the employee base. Their strategy of how they go to market puts them in a bad light with their distribution network.

Spend more time educating the end users and dealers, less time strong-arming distributors.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Napco Security (View Most Recent)

Mixed feelings

I worked at Napco Security

Pros

Excellent products, loyal customers who have been with the company often for many years.

Cons

Overly focused on a large number of appointments which leads to quantity over quality (in my opinion).

If you like to be a serf in an oligarchy, this is your place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amityville, NY (US)

I have been working at Napco Security full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Its a job. The company has been around for a long time and I dont se it going away anytime soon. Thats solid!

Cons

Low pay. I once was a professional.. until everything I went to school for and have gained by working in the field was undermined. I am told what to do. There is no thinking, since I was threatened to be terminated for doing so. (And my job requirement is to do some thinking lol.) No communication. No meetings. Nothing. Less than nothing.

If you are not part of the top 6 or so people you are expendable. Expect to be disrespected. You are a dummy. They have long noses to look down upon your idiot self... with a smile mind you. ;) The power dynamic is closed shut and there is no room for movement. Expect your self esteem to float away and confidence to be sapped.

Raises? Nothing based on your work, but a communal 4% and not every year. I am probably underpaid by 30% for my skill set.

There are newer employer reviews for Napco Security