National Heritage Academies

www.nhaschools.com
  www.nhaschools.com
There are newer employer reviews for National Heritage Academies

Great company to start out career in education

Current Employee - Paraprofessional  in  Detroit, MI (US)
Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at National Heritage Academies

Pros

Some of the best reasons include the new innovative approach to classroom learning. When one thing is not bringing the test score results then Supervisors are more than willing to try another learning style. Another observation is the indivdualism of classroom management for the educator. Educator's appear to be encouraged to try new styles of learning within the guidelines and circulum.

Cons

The benefits of Medical and dental only apply to fulltime employees and I believe there is no tenuring into the company. Parapro's posistions are only contigent upon title one funding.

Perhaps to cut some of the paperwork and tracking some the teacher is able to concentrate on more of the classroom.

42 Other Employee Reviews for National Heritage Academies (View Most Recent)

Long Term Substitute teacher at several NHA schools

Former Employee - Long Term Sub
    Former Employee - Long Term Sub

I worked at National Heritage Academies part-time for less than a year

Pros

Hard working co-workers. Good Character Development program. Students make more progress

Cons

As a retired teacher, I was shocked by the schedules of NHS teachers. There is barely a minute to catch one's breath. The teachers are seriously overworked and it is no surprise that the average length of stay is 3 years. Teachers told me they didn't know how they could have a family and continue teaching at an NHA school. 8 specialist classes a day plus an hour of lunch duty and 1/2 hour car duty. Yikes. I would like to know what the profit margin is. I have a bit of a problem with NHA making a profit.

I think the Dean system is not that productive. There are too many of them. Principals should be doing more. Some of the deans are overseeing areas of which they have no expertise. It also causes a lot of turnover in staff.

NHA is a professional, thorough and forward thinking Charter School. They offer excellent training and mentoring.

Current Employee - Art Teacher  in  Gary, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Art Teacher in Gary, IN (US)

I have been working at National Heritage Academies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Teachers, parents, students and staff work together at a team to promote the students' success.

Cons

The hours required are long. So, work life balance can be challenging.

There are newer employer reviews for National Heritage Academies

Worked for National Heritage Academies? Contribute to the Community!