National Instruments

www.ni.com

Great people, open, relaxed, friendly, strong company culture, management is very open and communicative.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsThe first thing that i like about National Instruments is how friendly and open everyone is. NI hires 100-200 young graduates every year into &D and its ELP program and so there are many young people at work. NI has a strong company culture that rewards creativity and hardwork. However, you certainly have to set yourself apart from the crowd to get noticed. People that make their mark are given swift promotions and lot of responsibility. People who cannot fit into this system tend to quit early.

NI has many layers of management but there seems to be very little bureaucracy. Most managers are very approachable and open. Upper management makes a lot of effort to communicate business decisions and the company's financial condition to all employees on a regular basis. In general, employees trust them to make good decisions.

ConsCompensation seems to be lower than comparable jobs at other companies. However, this is offset somewhat by a good benefits package and a lot of job security. During the 2009 economic downturn, all employees took a 5% paycut (and the management team took a 10% paycut), to avoid layoffs.

Great company, fun and smart coworkers, good work life balance, flexible schedule

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at National Instruments

Pros: Hiring and investing in college grads creates collaborative and … Cons: With more competitive compensation packages at other companies, tension can… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Engineering excellence given the opportunity

Staff Test Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at National Instruments

Pros: Fun work place. Industries we serve are wide spread leading… Cons: The work force is of varying experience levels, leading to mis steps occasionally.… Advice to Senior Management: Spend money on tools. Improve core proprietary technologies in ways that matter… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on National Instruments.

Worked for National Instruments? Contribute to the Community!