National Instruments

www.ni.com

A pretty good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsThe culture at NI is pretty solid. Everything is low-key, the R&D side has a lot of leeway and things are pretty low stress. People genuinely like going to work here. I make my own hours, don't put in much over 40 hours a week, and while it's not company policy I can occasionally work from home when needed. All the managers in my group have been great and give a lot of autonomy to developers.

ConsYou can make a lot more money elsewhere. NI knows their culture is great and that they have very little turnover, so they don't have a lot of incentive to adequately compensate long time employees. I've been here 13 years and could probably make 40-50% more at another company.

Management is ultra-conservative. This has allowed NI to weather a lot of the recent economic storms, but there always seems to be some new future uncertainty which gives them the excuse to continue trying to save money. Vacation carryover is still capped at 40 hours, 5 years after the temporary policy was put in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your employees who stuck with you through the bad times.

Nice relaxed workplace

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at National Instruments as an intern for less than a year

Pros: I was just interning at one of their offices but the overall experience was great. Everyone was really nice and it… Cons: Not really something to complain about but from what I noticed, in the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent place

Applications Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at National Instruments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great benefits great co-workers ok money 100 yr plan Cons: low salary and no bonus inexperienced management Advice to Senior Management: pay more to good employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on National Instruments.

Worked for National Instruments? Contribute to the Community!