A very good place to work

Current Employee - PMO Analyst  in  Swindon, Gloucestershire, South West England, England (UK)
Current Employee - PMO Analyst in Swindon, Gloucestershire, South West England, England (UK)

I have been working at Nationwide Building Society

Pros

good location and working environment, lots hapening, friendly people and good network of contacts. I am working as a contractor on a large programme.

Cons

The office is out of town so more difficult to do general day to dat activities. Parking on site can be an absolute nightmare

I do not think this is an appropriate question to answer here

Other Reviews for Nationwide Building Society

Great place to gain some financial experience and get your professional qualification as there are no long hours

I worked at Nationwide Building Society

Pros

Opportunity for learning and development; friendly working environment; great work and life balance; good benefit package.

Cons

un-transparent of salary and promotion; unsatisfactory basic salary compares to peers; poor recognition of work.

be more transparent on reward and promotion.

I love working here, but it isn't without it's challenges

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

I have been working at Nationwide Building Society full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The head office building is great. Everything you need is on site and there is a great buzz. Benefits are good, pension after 2yrs service is also really good. The people you work with are on the whole very helpful and willing to give you their time to help. Its not a place full of egos or people who are all me me me. Having had a number of jobs elsewhere this is by far the best place I've worked.

Cons

Parking isn't great, get in early if you want a space! Depending on the business area things can get quite political, so like anywhere work out who you can trust and who you can't. It can be quite difficult to get things done at speed due to having to get things done by committee.

Don't listen to all the talk, look out for and reward the people who keep their head down and get the job done - we Ned more doers and less talkers!

There are newer employer reviews for Nationwide Building Society.

Worked for Nationwide Building Society? Contribute to the Community!