Navigant Consulting
www.navigant.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Inconsistent management and narrowly defined verticals

Managing Consultant (Current Employee)
Burlington, MA (US)

I have been working at Navigant Consulting full-time for more than a year

ProsI've stayed at Navigant much longer than I should have because I love my coworkers. Hands down, they are the best. Smart, highly qualified, and passionate about the work (we're in the energy practice.)

ConsHowever, it doesn't matter that I have wonderful, smart, coworkers. The majority of the work is large government contracts, which is repetitive and mind numbing on a good day. There are some offices that have a better mix of contracts (not all government work) but that is the minority in Navigant Energy. How quickly you move up also depends on who you work for. I've seen people in other parts of the practice get promoted year after year, while other managing directors seem to believe in a tenure track system wherein they will not consider promoting their staff until 3-4 years have passed at one level.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your staff for being the overachieving ambitious workers that they are, and be consistent about it across the company. I know you're talking about consistency, but we have yet to see it filter down to the bottom of the totem pole.
Get out there and get us more work to do than these giant 3-5 year government contracts of rote work. You hire the best, from top institutions, why give us such unimaginative assignments?

Global Investigations and Compliance (GIC)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Navigant Consulting full-time

Pros: Nice people work within the group. Cons: Upper management is terrible. A lot of lies and false promises from upper management. Employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Rewarding Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Navigant Consulting

Pros: Exposure to multiple businesses applications and platforms Cons: Down time between assignments was sometimes too long Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Navigant Consulting.

Worked for Navigant Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Navigant Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Navigant Consulting CEO Julie M. Howard. All reviews posted anonymously by Navigant Consulting employees.