Neiman Marcus
www.neimanmarcus.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Good company with great benefits.

Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time for more than a year

ProsPros – It is very easy to communicate with team members and management. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help each other out to get the task at hand done. Work with happy people with nice smiling faces.
 Discounts are great. Free iphone.

ConsCons – upper-middle management is very focused on numbers. Too many associates not enough customers.Could be very boring at times if you are someone who likes a more fast paced place of work. No room to advance. Our manager expects us to be willing to work 24/7 and also frequently tells us that we are all "disposable" and "replaceable". Talk about motivation to show up.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease appreciate your team.. Listen, contemplate and revise, sometimes there is another way. Don't treat your employees like they are five years old, give them real, constructive criticism to help build and groom each person - not make us feel as though we are 5 years old.

A new challenge each day.

Product Specialist (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Neiman Marcus part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Neiman Marcus is a great place to work. One will definitely learn something new each day. The key to success is overcoming… Cons: The working environment can be a challenge at times due to the way the selling style has changed. Your job is… Advice to Senior Management: Don't expect your employees to do anything that you yourself… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

No Chance for Advancement

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Honolulu, HI (US)

I worked at Neiman Marcus part-time for more than a year

Pros: Huge discounts - which makes you spend your hard earned money back… Cons: Snobby staff. Snotty customers Competitive when it comes to selling in your department. Every customer belongs to someone else so you're not allowed to make a… Advice to Senior Management: I don't know where you go, but, stay on the floor long enough to see that those long-time employees of yours aren't the best employees… More

There are newer reviews on Neiman Marcus.

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Neiman Marcus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Neiman Marcus CEO Karen W. Katz. All reviews posted anonymously by Neiman Marcus employees.