Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A great, fun place to work

Senior User Interface Engineer (Current Employee)
Los Gatos, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix

ProsThe service/product is fun to work on, and my friends all know what it is. Netflix is very flexible in a number of ways (work hours and vacation time), my coworkers are competent, and the pay is very good.

ConsSince we tend to hire experienced engineers in the first place, there aren't pronounced tiers among engineers, so promotions are very rare.

Promotions seem much more common in management positions, and even those seem to be mostly in-place promotions (i.e. the employee's responsibilities don't seem to change with the promotion).

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for everything, and keep up the good work.

The job is full of freedom and responsibility.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Los Gatos, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix

Pros: A super big plus is the vacation policy - you… Cons: I don't have any cons to mention. Advice to Senior Management: None. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Incredible Workplace

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lots of interesting work Lots of opportunity to create new solutions Lots of incredible people Lots of money Lots of other perks Not political - the best idea wins If you… Cons: If you aren't a great performer or don't have the constitution for honest feedback (people calling… Advice to Senior Management: Keep pushing the envelope on Freedom & Responsibility Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.