Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Challenging but worthwhile.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Hillsboro, OR (US)

I have been working at Netflix

ProsTwo-week intensive training, $10,000 per year allotment for health insurance or as taxable income, 401(k) Matching up to 3%, FREE 8 DVD at-a-time plan + Watch Instantly plan, Awesome lunchroom amenities [free popcorn, apples, bananas, Macaroni & Cheese and Cup-o-Noodles]. Plus, Workforce Management contracts with local food vendor trucks for availability during peak lunch hours. Availability of 4-10 hour shifts. Comfortable and fun work atmosphere, never a dull moment.

ConsCustomers. Talking with customers day in, day out can be rough on moral [but that is the job, right?!] Just remember, "it's just movies, they aren't mad at you." That was a piece of advice that I was given and I remember it anytime a customer was rough with me.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not be so quick to judge the abilities of a representative based on a few days or even a few rough weeks. The job is not easy but with your help, it can be. "It's just movies."

Can be fun, can be awful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Los Gatos, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix

Pros: It was an interesting experience working at Netflix. I was lured by the supposedly high talent density, solving great customer focused problems and bringing entertainment… Cons: Yes, there are interesting things to solve in cloud computing but discovery, search, personalization, and the overall architecture of the Netflix website can only be… Advice to Senior Management: Have a really close look at the talent in the company. There are a lot of people who are making architectural decisions… More

Powerful brand, unpleasant place to work

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
Los Gatos, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix

Pros: Great brand Disciplined Focused Good at execution and keeping schedules Cons: Performance driven culture = culture of fear and suppression Few chances for development or advancement Management does not seem… Advice to Senior Management: Be more humble Use more advanced technology Manage down instead of expecting… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.