Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Terrible. They bring you on as a temp, and withhold health benefits for up to a year.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix

ProsFree account! Streaming and eight DVDs at a time.

ConsThey hired on hundreds as temps and told all of us we would be "converted" and receiving health benefits within three months, or be fired for poor performance. Well, that never happened. We were all strung along, some of us were fired, but by the time six months came along only 30 of the remaining 250 temp employees were given health insurance. they kept telling us, "maybe next month." When I finally quit and told them why, I was told that they were using benefits as a performance motivator, and they extended the conversion time frame to a year. I told them that health insurance is something that GOOD employers give their employers, not a performance motivator, and that they needed to find a better way to motivate their employees. Disgusting.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees some respect. Give them health insurance, and offer the cash bonus as a quarterly incentive if they triple crown.

Revolving Door

Customer Service Supervisor II (Former Employee)
Beaverton, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix

Pros: Great compensation, the front line agents are mostly very intelligent Cons: I never saw my manager, heck he didn't even know… Advice to Senior Management: Speak to you employees, at least meet them No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Worst Place I have ever worked

CSR-1 (Former Employee)
Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix

Pros: Decent pay for the work if you get converted, free coffee, free fruit. Good… Cons: IF... I was there for 7 months, my stats were in the top 10% of the center, and twice I was told they will convert… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.