Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Terrible. They bring you on as a temp, and withhold health benefits for up to a year.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix

ProsFree account! Streaming and eight DVDs at a time.

ConsThey hired on hundreds as temps and told all of us we would be "converted" and receiving health benefits within three months, or be fired for poor performance. Well, that never happened. We were all strung along, some of us were fired, but by the time six months came along only 30 of the remaining 250 temp employees were given health insurance. they kept telling us, "maybe next month." When I finally quit and told them why, I was told that they were using benefits as a performance motivator, and they extended the conversion time frame to a year. I told them that health insurance is something that GOOD employers give their employers, not a performance motivator, and that they needed to find a better way to motivate their employees. Disgusting.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees some respect. Give them health insurance, and offer the cash bonus as a quarterly incentive if they triple crown.

Careful: If you happen to be fired for any reason, it is broadcast to everyone you worked with!

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Los Gatos, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix

Pros: You might work with some very bright people and make good friends Opportunity to learn… Cons: You might get all verbal accolades and encouragement till one fine day you are told that you are no longer needed! Managers could be picked randomly… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees with respect. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Working for the Nazis.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix

Pros: Good pay and good benefits. Cons: Too much stress and degrading. I never felt so disrespected… Advice to Senior Management: Get off your high horse and remember you are dealing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.