Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Salary 15% above market , Duration of employment 90% below market, Worst culture to work in

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Los Gatos, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix

ProsYou get paid 15% above market rate.
I was making 165k in my last company (150k base + 15-20% bonus) in a stress free environment
and then one fine day i found an opening at netflix which suited my profile.
applied , gave the interview and they offered my 180k total.
like a fool i jumped onboard.
lost my job after 9 months and now back in the market.
and yes those 9 months were no less than delivering a baby.

Consjust after joining i realized that the guy sitting right next to me was fired few weeks ago.
as i spent more time i realized most of the people around me were no more than an yr old.
the work was too much but i thought they are paying me more so i worked hard at it.
turns out i had 2 slight disagreements with a member in another team and bammm .....i was gone....

the company has a very simple philosophy....if things are not 100% perfect ...fire and hire ......rinse and repeat........

dont make the mistake i made....dont leave your stress free environment for 10-15k etc because you going to end up being fired the moment your performance falls below 100%

Advice to Senior Managementreed thinks he is doing a great job..... i wonder does he ever read the reviews here on glassdoor.
the only problem is these reviews are flooded by CS so hard to read the real software engg reviews.....

Work hard, be innovative, and always be prepared

San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix

Pros: Your peers are excellent and from all walks of life Training… Cons: this is not a long term choice and the culture… More

Smart People, fast moving

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Los Gatos, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix

Pros: Working with talented people and visibility into company strategy and… Cons: Pressure to work long hours Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.