Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Was sad to see the company change so much in one year

Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee)
Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of room to make your own decisions and think on your feet

ConsWhen the price change occurred it was a cluster bomb that went off. Then it was announced the company was splitting to two (one DVD and one Streaming) and then it was announced none of that was happening. All the while customers were up in arms over this and we in management were always finding things out at the same time customers were so we had no time to prep our staff. Some very hard months for moral with our staff. Lost a lot of trust with our employee base in terms of management to subordinate relations.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your mid-level management knows anything key before the public gets it through the blogs, etc. They have to have time to prep their staff and gain buy-in to make a successful transition occur with company changes and/or snaffus.

For Engineers, this place is a joke

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Los Gatos, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros: You're given independence and the ability to do your job how you see fit - some of the time. … Cons: - The salaries are competitive, but not particularly high, despite what their so called slide deck proclaims. Keep in mind that your stock purchase… Advice to Senior Management: I'd recommend working on technology a bit more. With the continual turnover… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent company to work for

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Los Gatos, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Incredibly talented coworkers, opportunity to make a difference (your work is really seen in other parts of… Cons: Very specific areas of work, it might be difficult to transition to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.