There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Very good learning experience at a cost of a lot of heartache

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor III in Hillsboro, OR (US)
Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor III in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits. They typically pay above scale and provide benefits from the time you become a full time employee.

Cons

Management, on several occasions missed their mark on several key initiatives in the center. Specifically they never had a clue what was happening on the floor in regards to employee satisfaction and were never involved in developing employees to rank up.

"Manage up or out" was stated on several occasions and this approach is what developed a culture of fear in the call center. High turnover is never a positive motivating factor and management was quick to let go of the people who stood against that ideal.

I would share advice but management seems to agree with Hastings' approach of shooting from the hip and not listening to his trusted advisors.

411 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Great company but needs to improve career development

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Netflix full-time

Pros

Colleagues are fantastic. People very smart and culture is collaborative. Work on very interesting projects and company moves fast - hard to get used to at first

Cons

Experience at the company highly depends on your specific manager and team and getting good feedback. Career development is sorely lacking except for those at the junior level.

Better processes / standards for promotion and greater opportunities for career development.

Was sad to see the company change so much in one year

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of room to make your own decisions and think on your feet

Cons

When the price change occurred it was a cluster bomb that went off. Then it was announced the company was splitting to two (one DVD and one Streaming) and then it was announced none of that was happening. All the while customers were up in arms over this and we in management were always finding things out at the same time customers were so we had no time to prep our staff. Some very hard months for moral with our staff. Lost a lot of trust with our employee base in terms of management to subordinate relations.

Make sure your mid-level management knows anything key before the public gets it through the blogs, etc. They have to have time to prep their staff and gain buy-in to make a successful transition occur with company changes and/or snaffus.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix