There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Very good pay and they make you pay for it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hillsboro, OR (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good pay
Free movies
Popcorn
Tools are pretty good for a call center
Lots of parking since they keep firing anyone that works on DVD

Cons

Horrible benefits. You pay a lot for nothing. Don't be fooled by the extra allotment
No vacation policy means no vacations. The managers and HR are always gone. Maybe they get vacation...
In last 3 months all the good managers were fired or they work in california
HR was a recruiter and hardly knows HR. Now that person runs the center and makes the decisions
Outsourcers keep taking our calls and then they mess them up and transfer them to us instead of the survey. Then our DSAT goes up and then we get fired.

Take care of the DVD business or shut it down. Stop making decisions based off what HR says.

402 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Great product, terrible management

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I have been working at Netflix as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Free subscription, relatively high pay for the work, fun atmosphere

Cons

Completely mismanaged, focus on average call time rather than customer service

I understand labor is expensive, but customer service is more important than cost. Rather than outsourcing to 3rd party call centers that don't know how to answer generic questions about your service and worrying about getting customers off the line, direct those calling to educated representatives who can help them with any issue and not worry about call times. Granted, you don't want people carrying out personal conversations all day, but helping an elderly customer who is not tech savvy or trying to handle a complex billing issue should not be penalized as those are the customers you want to help in order to retain their business.

Great company but needs to improve career development

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Netflix full-time

Pros

Colleagues are fantastic. People very smart and culture is collaborative. Work on very interesting projects and company moves fast - hard to get used to at first

Cons

Experience at the company highly depends on your specific manager and team and getting good feedback. Career development is sorely lacking except for those at the junior level.

Better processes / standards for promotion and greater opportunities for career development.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!