There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Very good pay and they make you pay for it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very good pay
Free movies
Popcorn
Tools are pretty good for a call center
Lots of parking since they keep firing anyone that works on DVD

Cons

Horrible benefits. You pay a lot for nothing. Don't be fooled by the extra allotment
No vacation policy means no vacations. The managers and HR are always gone. Maybe they get vacation...
In last 3 months all the good managers were fired or they work in california
HR was a recruiter and hardly knows HR. Now that person runs the center and makes the decisions
Outsourcers keep taking our calls and then they mess them up and transfer them to us instead of the survey. Then our DSAT goes up and then we get fired.

Take care of the DVD business or shut it down. Stop making decisions based off what HR says.

415 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Great company but needs to improve career development

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Netflix full-time

Pros

Colleagues are fantastic. People very smart and culture is collaborative. Work on very interesting projects and company moves fast - hard to get used to at first

Cons

Experience at the company highly depends on your specific manager and team and getting good feedback. Career development is sorely lacking except for those at the junior level.

Better processes / standards for promotion and greater opportunities for career development.

Was sad to see the company change so much in one year

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of room to make your own decisions and think on your feet

Cons

When the price change occurred it was a cluster bomb that went off. Then it was announced the company was splitting to two (one DVD and one Streaming) and then it was announced none of that was happening. All the while customers were up in arms over this and we in management were always finding things out at the same time customers were so we had no time to prep our staff. Some very hard months for moral with our staff. Lost a lot of trust with our employee base in terms of management to subordinate relations.

Make sure your mid-level management knows anything key before the public gets it through the blogs, etc. They have to have time to prep their staff and gain buy-in to make a successful transition occur with company changes and/or snaffus.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix