News Corp

www.newscorp.com

as an independent contractor with a lot of experience I was given a chance to shine and meet my potential

Reporter (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsPRO
High per diem rate for independent contracting, good personal support from staff, but that may have to do with a high comfort level with reporting from outside the central office and rarely being embroiled in internal office politics. Turnover gives one a chance to move up. Young, friendly staff.
Billing issues resolved in a good manner that is as efficient as they can be, given that the office I work with has to deal with a central bureaucracy. They want to keep their stringers happy.

ConsA sclerotic view of institutional change, e.g. expansion, has made it difficult to understand why a 6 billion dollar publicly traded company can't commit to a new news bureau. Artistically, limited change in form of news story. Creative potential not 100% realized.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to bat more to make the news programming more of what you believe in your heart it should be.

you have to welll dessed as its media company. you can see lots of celebrities there.

Software Intern (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

I have been working at News Corp

Pros: Nice work culture, Good company and location is simply awesome. Cons: you have to be smart, otherwise you will feel depressing.… Advice to Senior Management: some times they dont treat you well. Its all depend… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It is demanding but a nice environment to work in

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

I worked at News Corp

Pros: Competitive salary once you are full time and even temping Cons: Highly demanding work load most of the time Advice to Senior Management: Training policy could be improved More

There are newer reviews on News Corp.

Worked for News Corp? Contribute to the Community!