There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

It’s a wonderful place to learn and grow with the company.

Current Employee - Lead Barista in Newport Beach, CA (US)
Current Employee - Lead Barista in Newport Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at Nordstrom

Pros

Full benefits, great work environment

Cons

Not too many. The return policy can be a downfall, but it’s what makes Nordstrom so great. It’s customer service.

Management at Nordstrom is superb.

2837 Other Employee Reviews for Nordstrom (View Most Recent)

A lot of hard work with a lot of knowledge gained.

Former Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Nordstrom

Pros

Nordstrom has great training programs in place so you feel prepared to work when you step onto the floor. The teachings continue throughout your employment so you are always learning how to better yourself. The open door policy is great making it very easy for people at a lower ranking to make suggestions to people with a higher job title. When making suggestions I felt as though they actually took my thoughts and suggestions seriously. The promote from within policy is a great incentive to work hard. The culture of Nordstrom is great and makes you proud to work for a company with such a great history.

Cons

One con but is also a pro is the promote from within policy because I feel as though people who are not qualified to hold high ranking positions work their way into positions of power without the knowledge or ability to perform well.

Well the culture of Nordstrom is strong and alive in the Seattle area and makes working their beyond enjoyable the same can not be said for out of state stores.

Amazing experience

Current Employee - Assistant Department Manager in Aventura, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Department Manager in Aventura, FL (US)

I have been working at Nordstrom

Pros

assistant manager title: leadership, chance to grow, discount, create your own tentative schedule.

Company: Amazing "family." The Nordstrom Culture is unique and caring. The tone set by corporate and leadership is unlike anyone else. Overall amazing place to work.

Cons

lots of hours during peak times in the year.

more reviews for managers to showcase strengths. sometimes I feel like there is too much focus on the sales associates, and managers lose out on some chances to grow.

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom