North Kansas City Hospital

www.nkch.org
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for North Kansas City Hospital

Great Place to work

Current Employee - I T Department in North Kansas City, MO (US)
Current Employee - I T Department in North Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at North Kansas City Hospital

Pros

If you work hard and do well you are recognized and rewarded. Our department has great leadership and is very fair to the employees.

Cons

Always construction taking place. It is good that the company continues to grow but it is sometimes frustrating that the elevators, hallways or parking lots are closed off.

Remember that not everyone at the hospital are nurses. "Support staff" are not medically trained. However, we are just as important to provide the excellent care at the hospital. Most managers understand that but some easily forget.

27 Other Employee Reviews for North Kansas City Hospital (View Most Recent)

Good company, values employees.

Current Employee - Staff RN in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at North Kansas City Hospital full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of colleague support and team work on the floor that I work. Supervisor is fantastic. We have a stat team that is available 24/7 so if you have a patient who has made a turn for the worse, you have a team to swarm in and help you. They are only a phone call away. This is the only hospital I've ever worked who had such a team available to all nursing staff.

Cons

Like all hospitals, we work short a lot which means that you may be primary nurse for up to six patients.

Work harder to ensure that nursing is staffed appropriately. Patient safety is at risk.

RN

I have been working at North Kansas City Hospital

Pros

Great organizational culture and great employees. Up to date with Computer documentation.parking, discount meals, shared governance, critical care transition programs, and CEU resources provided.

Cons

Need to reevaluate and employ competitive wages. Add incentives for those with additional certificates eg CCRN. Better health benefits and education Advancement programs.

N/a