Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com

Northrop Grumman Space Park (formerly TRW)

Manager (Current Employee) Redondo Beach, CA (US)

ProsEngineering based business model - management still places product performance above financial results. Recent cost pressure has put this at risk and some shortcuts are starting to be taken. Management has a basic understanding of risks associated with shortened and less rigorous (costly) product development cycles and is communicating this to customers.
Management embraces specialization and makes good efforts to provide adequate training and tools to employees.

ConsPolitical and silo'd culture. I heard about this prior to working at NGC Space Park and it's true. There is inadequate communication between engineering disciplines and an 'Us vs Them' mentality that generates discord.

Advice to Senior ManagementBasic MBA advice - look at the cash flow along the product development life-cycle. More resources earlier in the process will result in less problems down the road. Review processes need to be real and not just 'Check the box.' In this era of lower budgets make sure to rigorously understand customer needs (again, don't just check the box) and execute accordingly. The companies that will win are those that get the balance between customer needs and budgets right. It's not an easy task.

Lousy Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Rolling Meadows, IL (US)

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time

Pros: 9/80 Flex Time Off, health benefits Cons: Incompetent management, raises/promotions based on what circle an employee spins in, no credit for good work done, managers allowed to act on personal biases towards… Advice to Senior Management: Learn from "top" companies and maybe you wouldn't be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great variety of work will allow you to find something you love.

Electronics Engineer II (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: -Good process -Good leadership -Good resources and equipment Cons: -Lots of red tape -Days off can be stingy -Overfocus on schedule Advice to Senior Management: -Let your employees train all the time -Improve scheduling technique Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!