Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com
  www.northropgrumman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

A great career experience while helping to construct the nation's largest defense platform - Aircraft Carriers.

Former Employee - Program Manager - IT in Newport News, VA (US)
Former Employee - Program Manager - IT in Newport News, VA (US)

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I retired recently after almost 35 years. I worked the entire time at Newport News Shipbuilding which NG spun off as a separate corporation. Working at NNS allowed me to have multiple careers in various disciplines while remaining in one location while making above average salary and benefits. Your potential is only limited by the restraints you place on yourself. NG and NNS were always open to trying a different route if you were not having success on your current path. You just had to ask and support your rationale for the change.

Cons

Promotion above the supervisor and manager level are limited simply due to fewer available high level positions. If you have your sights set on being a Director, Vice President or CEO, your odds become very slim after age 35 unless you have become one of the "chosen few". If you have to ask yourself whether you are or aren't, then you aren't.

Provide a larger non-managerial advancement path for those not able to reach senior management positions. You need more "fellow" positions.

1857 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

So far, I like what I've seen

Current Employee - Systems Engineer III in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer III in Sacramento, CA (US)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are helpful in acquainting new hires with current projects. IT support is better than average (still somewhat clunky as with any megacorp). Workspace is comfortable and I have access to everything I need to do my job.

Cons

Cubicles. Even the management gets cubes, which makes for an egalitarian environment, but I would preferred shared offices (2 or so to a room, with a door you can close when you feel like it).

Good company in un-certain times.

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Crestview, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Crestview, FL (US)

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company has fair pay and good benefits. Not much contact or interaction with Corporate. Policies promote diversity and inclusion for employees.

Cons

Limited opportunities at the current location.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman