Novell
www.novell.com Provo, UT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Sad to See a Former Great Company Go Down the Tubes

Application Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Novell

ProsGood pay, decent benefits, nice co-workers, excellent facilities, bonuses

ConsThe company has a reputation of doing layoffs each year. They are in a downward death spiral that may not bottom out. Working there is pleasant, but you must constantly wonder if you will have a job the next week.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing directions every few months. Focus on selling stuff. Stop trying to be "the big player". Novell is no longer a powerhouse.

Great student job

I have been working at Novell

Pros: As a student at BYU, Novell has been EXTREMELY flexible with my work schedule. I make my own hours, and when I need time… Cons: I would be afraid to work here if I were planning on building a long term career starting at Novell. There's not a lot… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on long-term and not short term results. For example, the company recently finished a "100-in-100" campaign, with the goal being to invoice $100… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Wonderful Experience - Provides Exceptional Training and Preparation for Future Career

Student Intern - Hourly (Current Employee)

I have been working at Novell

Pros: 1. Training and Exposure: The department that I work in has taken extreme measures to provide me with exposure to many of Novell's… Cons: 1. Minimum 20 Hours per Week: I only put this here since I can't think of anything else. I work a lot… Advice to Senior Management: The grounds are extremely nice. Almost too nice. I just hope that we aren't spending so much money on the campus that we… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Novell.

Worked for Novell? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Novell reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Novell CEO Bob Flynn . All reviews posted anonymously by Novell employees.